|AHI is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from reputable organisations/individuals to complete the construction, outfitting and operating its casino annexed to the Marriott Hotel, Georgetown under a Leasing Arrangement. The casino is located on the western portion of the Hotel at Block Alpha, Kingston, Georgetown, Guyana alongside the Atlantic Ocean and Demerara River, comprising of 1,372 square meters.
The casino shares a common entrance, staircase, lobby area and main mechanical room, with segregated internal access and utilities to be installed and maintained by the selected Lessee, with the remainder of the incomplete Entertainment Complex.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
AHI is interested to receive EOI’s from either persons or companies, either individually or as part of a joint venture / consortium. Preference will be given to submissions by applicants who are established in the gaming and entertainment industry. In selecting the Lessee, AHI will consult with Marriott International Incorporated.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
AHI is looking for Lessees who have already established themselves as a brand, regionally or internationally and can demonstrate extensive knowledge of their operations, within applicable legal and regulatory framework. Applicants will be assessed based on suitable criteria, as outlined in the “Guidelines for Submission of Expressions of Interest”. Generally, AHI is seeking a Lessee that shares a common desire to promote and encourage development, with innovative and fresh concepts, in the tourism and hospitality sector. All submissions will also be examined generally for the following areas:
– General approach to the management and administration of the Casino (Operational Plan);
– Managerial and human resource capacity and plan of the applicant’s plans to run the casino;
– Financial capability and commitment / credibility of the applicant to independently complete construction, outfitting and operating the casino with an opening date being strictly determined based on a Work Breakdown Schedule (WBS);
– Ability to comply with operational requirements of local law and to complete, outfit and operate a casino on par with international standards, including inter-alia, the provisions of comprehensive staff training and management development programmes to safeguard employment and standards.
PROCEDURE FOR SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST:
Interested persons desirous of submitting an E01 must register with AHI and pay a registration fee of GY$10,000 (equivalent to US$50). Upon registration, the following will be provided:
– A Confidentiality Undertaking to be executed and returned to AHI on registration;
– A Letter of Authority to visit the hotel site;
– An Information Memorandum containing all pertinent information on the casino and the intended structure of the relationship with AHI;
– A Request for Proposals which shall also include the Guidelines for Submission of Expressions of Interest (RFP Document);
– Copy of Advertisement.
SUMMARY OF REQUIRED CONTENTS OF EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
As an indicator, EOIs submitted must contain:
A Conceptual Design Proposal (including interior design concepts in PowerPoint and / or visual presentation) for the completion of construction, outfitting and operation of the casino;
– Proof of financial capability including but not limited to, in the case of a company, the last two years of audited financial statements of the company or each member of the consortium. In the case of a person or group of persons, a bank reference on financial capability and / or financing; Background information of the interested person or company or participants of the joint venture / consortium, including identifying the structure of relationships and provision of proof of incorporation, etc.;
A five (5) year Business Plan including employment, training and financing considerations and all (if any) assumptions of the interested person or company or participants of the joint venture / consortium.
All interested parties should read the RFP document in detail to ensure that ALL requirements are complied with. The deadline for the submission
of E01 is December 29, 2017 at 2 pm. All EOIs should be placed in a sealed envelope and titled “EOl for the completion of construction, outfitting and operation of a casino” and addressed to and deposited at: